Tuesday, April 13, 2010
2010 Academic Staff Institute
“Leadership By and For Academic Staff: Toward an Excellence-Rewards Initiative”
Steve J. Stern
Vice Provost for Faculty and Staff Programs
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club
Madison Academic Staff Association (MASA); Office of the Provost; Academic Staff Executive Committee (ASEC); Academic Personnel Office (APO); Office of the Secretary of Academic Staff; and Office of Human Resource Development (OHRD)
All academic staff are invited to attend the annual Academic Staff Institute. Brush up on the latest information on issues important to academic staff, learn new skills and techniques, and learn about
organizations/programs available to academic staff.
$25 (includes a full breakfast and lunch)
If you have been planning to join MASA (application), now is the time. Your registration fee, paid with personal funds, for the Academic Staff Institute will be refunded once a new membership application has been received by the MASA membership coordinator. MASA is unable to reimburse a department/program.
- Working together to achieve shared goals, Don Schutt, Office of Human Resource Development
- Information on the revamped Mentoring Program
- Strategies for being your own advocate, Kay Simmons & John Mather, Ombuds Office
- The art of relaxation through Chinese exercise, Donna Silver, Secretary of the Academic Staff
- Communicating with The Clover Practice, Kathleen Paris, Office of Quality Improvement
- Latest news on unit clarification and collective bargaining
Participants may attend three of the twelve available sessions. In addition, there will be resource tables available during breaks so you can learn more about campus programs and organizations for academic
Registration and payment deadline is April 6.
Register via the OHRD website at
Parking is available at the Madison Concourse for $7.00, the parking ramp across the street for $.85/hour, and, of course, the Madison Metro buses are a great option from your home or campus parking lot.
We hope to see you there! Space is limited! Don’t wait to sign up!